- How much do programs cost?
- What if I need to cancel/request a refund?
- How do I sign up my child for a student program?
- What if I want to sign up one child for more than one program?
- What if I want to sign up more than one child for programs?
- What if I live outside of metro Atlanta or Georgia?
- Is there a wait-list?
- Do you offer financial aid?
- What if I have attended in the past?
- When do programs take place?
- Who are the program instructors?
- Are programs residential?
- Can students drive to campus?
- Can students ride MARTA?
- Could a program be canceled?
- How will I get updates about programs?
- Are lunches provided during summer programs?
1. How much do programs cost?
- All programs are $425 unless otherwise noted on the registration page.
2. What if I need to cancel/request a refund?
- Full refunds will be given if notice is supplied three weeks prior to the start of the program(s) you registered for. Any refunds after this time will be partial unless we are able to fill the spot.
3. How do I sign up my child for a student program?
- Navigate to our registration site. If you do not already have an account, you will need to create one. Once your account is created, select the "Start a New Registration" option from the homepage. Follow the steps to register your child and input their information into the system.
4. What if I want to sign my child up for more than one program?
- Once you have begun the registration process, you will be prompted to select a week or weeks on the "Registration Details" tab. Each week selected will create a new tab with a list of available programs. The price, time, and description of each program will be listed. Select the weeks you want, select the program within each week. All selections will be added to the column on the far right.
5. What if I want to sign up more than one child for programs?
- Once you have an account, select the "Start a New Registration" option. Select, "My child or dependent." You will then have the option to add a new child or dependent.
6. What if I live outside of metro Atlanta or Georgia?
A number of students from outside metro Atlanta and from other states attend the summer programs each year. However, our programs are non-residential, and we are not able to provide housing or board for any attendees. Typically, these participants stay with family or friends that live in the area or at a hotel with a family member. If you need suggestions for a hotel, click on the Contact Us link to the left. All participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the program.
7. What is the wait list?
CEISMC receives more applications from qualified applicants than we have program spaces available. As such, CEISMC creates a wait-list of those students that are not initially able to attend the program. If the program you are interested in is not available, there is an option to select the wait-list for a specific program. If any openings become available, students on the wait-list will be contacted via email and given 48 hours to pay the deposit to secure their spot.
8. Do you offer financial aid?
Financial aid is available for students with economic need. This is assessed by the federal free or reduced lunch guidelines. To apply parent/guardian will need to submit proof from their school of free or reduced lunch status. Documentation is to be submitted during or after you have completed registration and paid at least the deposit. If your student is not on free or reduced lunch but you still would qualify under the federal guidelines please email for an alternate method to apply. Program fees for students that are awarded aid are $100 per program. ***Note: There are a limited number of spaces for financial aid. Submitting documentation does not guarantee your student will be awarded a scholarship. Please email with any questions or concerns.***
9. What if I have attended in the past?
We currently do not keep any information on file from past years, so students who have attended a program in the past need to fill out ALL registration materials. If you received financial assistance in the past, you must apply for it again. Admission to a program in the past does not guarantee acceptance to future programs.
10. When do programs take place?
Programs take place Monday through Friday, from 9am until 3pm. A post-care program will be available that extends to 6 pm Monday through Thursday. Programs will have a parent presentation that begins around 1pm, they usually last about an hour. If a parent cannot attend the presentation they should make arrangements for the student to be picked up by 2pm on Friday.
11. Who are the program instructors?
Programs are taught by a mixture of Georgia Tech faculty/staff, Tech students (undergraduate and graduate), and area science and math teachers.
12. Are programs residential?
None of the summer enrichment programs are residential, and students must have transportation back and forth from Tech's campus daily. Out of state students typically stay in hotels nearby. CEISMC does not make reservations and is not responsible for students outside of program hours.
13. Can students drive to campus?
Students can drive to campus with written notification signed by a parent/guardian. This notification must be given to the CEISMC assistant the first morning of the program. Parking on campus is extremely limited and is not included in program fees. Parking is charged by the hour and can cost as much as $15 per day.
14. Can students ride MARTA?
Students can ride MARTA to get to Tech's campus. Students riding MARTA can get on the Georgia Tech trolley at the Midtown station. The trolley runs to and from campus, and students can also ride it in afternoon to return to the MARTA station. CEISMC is not responsible for students before they have checked in or after they have checked out with the CEISMC assistant.
15. Could my program be canceled?
While unlikely, CEISMC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time for any reason. If this should happen, a full refund would be issued. CEISMC also reserves the right to remove students during the program week for a number of reasons we will disclose in the program guide.
16. How will I receive updates about programs?
We send updates, application status, payment deadlines, and important program information via email. EMAIL IS OUR PRIMARY MEANS OF COMMUNICATION. It is of the utmost importance that the parent email address you provide us on your registration is spelled correctly and checked often. Don't forget to sign-up for our email updates.
17. Are lunches provided during summer programs?
Your program fees include payment for lunch each day. Students will be given an $9 per day meal card to use at the Georgia Tech Student Center. CEISMC staff will escort students to the Student Center or Tech Square and monitor them during lunch. Any charges exceeding $9/day are the responsibility of the student at the time of purchase.