- You are here:
- GT Home
The CEISMC Educational Research and Evaluation Group utilize a mixed method approach employing both qualitative and quantitative data sources to determine the impact of numerous PreK-12 programs and interventions; the evaluation of these interventions focuses on measuring student outcomes and teacher professional development impact on classroom practices. CEISMC researchers also assess the impact of educational interventions on students’ mastery of 21st-century skills such as collaboration, teamwork, problem-solving, and creativity.
We provide a wide range of expertise in research and evaluation services.
The evaluation team has a solid background in educational psychology and educational statistics. Our areas of expertise include descriptive and inferential statistics, regression, univariate and multivariate statistics, hierarchical linear modeling, structural equation modeling, factor analysis, and data mining. The team’s expertise focuses on creating a variety of survey instruments to measure desired outcomes, pilot test instruments, as well as conducting cognitive interviews, completing factor analysis, and improving items to create valid, reliable instruments for evaluation or research study. Additionally, we do the following:
- Evaluation Planning: developing logic models, creating implementation calendars, and writing evaluation sections of grant proposals
- Survey development deployment, collection, analysis, and reporting(includes deploying online and paper-based surveys)
- Text Analysis: usually used to categorize open-ended survey responses.
- Focus Groups: protocol development, facilitating focused interviews, analyzing comments, and reporting recommendations.
- Student Achievement Analysis: descriptive and inferential statistical analysis of program effects on state-collected student achievement data (CRCT, GHSGT, EOCT, SAT, etc.)
- Classroom Observations: qualitative study and analysis of K-12 classrooms focusing on teaching methods employed and the integration of technology into learning activities.
- IRB submission, approval, and compliance.