The Role of Social Networks and Self-Efficacy in the Retention of Noyce Teachers
Goals of the Study:
- How do teacher personal networks and self-efficacy affect early career teacher retention in high-needs schools?
- What is the relationship among early career Noyce teachers’ self-efficacy, personal network structure, and retention in high-needs schools?
- To what extent and in what ways are Noyce project characteristics associated with early career teachers self-efficacy beliefs, the structure of their personal networks, and retention in high-needs schools?
- What are the sources of self-efficacy identified by early career Noyce teachers?
- To what extent do sources of self-efficacy identified by early career Noyce teachers vary depending on project and school characteristics, and teachers’ personal network structure?